There are all sorts of life’s lessons and we learn them in varying ways. Some lessons can only be learned by doing certain things – mistakes made or successes won. We can watch someone else and learn from them. Most are universal, while others can only be understood by a few.
I was given this article to read by a friend of mine and it was said so well that I had to share it. It’s about life with kids – but I think it’s actually pretty accurate for anyone, if you read it correctly.
- “Quite picking your nose!” ~ Always have a snack handy.
- “Did you see? We only lost by 9 this time!” ~ It’s not always about winning.
- “Mom – he’s jumping on the couch AGAIN!” ~ Practice, practice, practice.
- “UH – OH!” ~ Microwaves were not ment to cook everything.
- “Hey mom ~ What’s does “Motor-boating mean?” ~ Always keep up with current trends.
- “Mom, is it just me, or is your bum getting bigger?” ~ Excersize is VERY important!
- “Was that important? Because I used it to start the fire.” ~ Always make copies.
- “Excuse me Ma’am. Is that your son stuck up at the top of the playland?” ~ You’re never to old to play.
- “Hey mom – do girls wear pants under your skirts?” ~ Always wear underwear – especially to church!!
- “I would never do/say/think… – I would never allow my child…” ~ Never say never, because that’s the next thing that’s going to happen!
- “Mom – somebody *tooted* in the girls bathroom!” ~ You will never see these people again – feel free to be yourself.
- “Stop licking the tires!” ~ Try new things.
- “I brought you flowers from the neighbor’s pretty yard mom!” ~ Always be friendly with your neighbors.
- “I smell pee. Did somebody wet themselves?” ~ Plans change. Go with the flow.
See – these are such little things in life that we could learn so much from, if we just pay attention.
I would LOVE to hear some life’s lessons that you’ve learned from your family or from life in general. Saves me the insanity of learning them the hard way!